This is our tried and true Fruity Nutritious Smootie recipe we’ve used for years. It’s perfect for quickly satisfying hunger.
- 1 cup milk (we use Flax Milk, Almond Milk or Coconut Milk) or fruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Dash (or small sprinkle) Stevia Powder
- 1/2 – 1 whole banana (I freeze peeled bananas in ziploc to use in Smoothies)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (I prefer Garden of Life’s Vegan Raw Protein)
- 2 cups fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, anything you like!)
- 2-3 Tablespoons flax seeds
(You can throw other ingredients in, as well, to sneak more nutrition into your kids’ diet)
Add all ingredients to blender and mix until well blended. This will make one large serving or two small servings. Pour leftovers into popsicle molds to create tasty frozen treats for later. Enjoy!