A friend recently loaned me a book which she believed I was meant to read. (Thank you, Tiffany!) When I received the book with the cover on backward and upside down, I was also certain this was mine to leaf through. My life often seems backward and upside down.
The treasure discovered in this book was the reminder to be thankful in order to live life fully.
Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God. (Psalm 50:23)
More than thanks giving. A life of thanks living.
A life lived full of thanks.
A life offering sacrifices of praise.
Fully alive and full of gratefulness.
On Mondays, across the world-wide web, seekers of joy are offering thanksgiving in order to live fully right where we are.
A simple chronicle. Multitudes of blessings from throughout the prior week or that day, finding reasons to offer thanks in even the ordinary. I won’t list all, but will share random blessed gifts and sacrifices of praise.
Won’t you join us? Add your list (any time before the next Monday) to the comments below and embrace a life of gratitude.
Beware: you’ll begin finding God everywhere. You may even begin to live fully alive!
A few of my multitudes…
- small handprints on the refrigerator (because one day he’ll be grown)
- being allowed to dream big dreams
- texts from girl friends which spur me along
- challenge to 40 days of prayer emphasis
- hot cocoa during a chilly football game
- sounds of nighttime giggles
- husband who loses football game but kisses me on the field post-game and reminds me I’M GOING TO GUATEMALA
- a 12-year-old who hides around corners to jump out & startle me
- a 14-year-old who finds simple pleasure in going hunting on his birthday
- wind chimes, given by a friend, ringing crisply on a cold morning